A. Communication: Students will communicate in Spanish.
- Apply the use of verbs in the present, present progressive and past.
- Students will compare and contrast the uses of ser and estar, tener and its uses, ir, dar and saber and conocer.
- Students will give their viewpoints on a variety of everyday topics.
B. Cultures: Students will gain knowledge and understanding of Spanish culture.
- Students will investigate the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of here and there.
C. Connections: Students will connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
- Students will discuss the significant contributions of Hispanic people and cultures.
- Identify principal cities and geographical features of the Spanish-speaking world.
D. Comparisons: Students will develop insight into the nature of language and culture.
- Students will compare and contrast various aspects of the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Students will compare Spanish grammar to English grammar.
E. Communities: Students will participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.
- Students will communicate on a personal level with speakers of the language in the community such as restaurants, stores, community centers etc…