ALSO FOUND AT https://alsept.shutterfly.com/syllabiigradingpoliciesandpaci
Mrs. Alsept’s Grading Policy
Letter grades will be assigned as stated in the student manual:
93 – 100 A
86 – 92 B
78 – 85 C
70 – 77 D
All classes will follow a point system. Students are assigned points accordingly:
Classwork: 10 – 20 points
Homework: 10 – 30 points
Quizzes: 20 – 50 points
Projects: 100 points (some may count twice)
Tests: 100 points
Essays: 10 – 40 points
Materials: periodic check for materials – 5 points
- Participation will account for approximately 50% of total grade. Tests are always announced several days in advance. Those students who show a pattern of being absent every test day will receive an alternate test covering the same questions and standards but formatted in a different style (mostly essay).
- More difficult units may have more class and homework assignments than easier units.
- Students missing assignments due to absenteeism will have a certain amount of time to make up missed work as outlined in the student manual. Work turned in excessively late may carry a penalty.
- Students that have to be removed from class due to misbehavior or disrespect still have the responsibility of making up missed work and are still responsible for any quizzes or tests assigned the following day.
- Students will be issued two restroom passes per nine weeks.
- The first four weeks of drama covers the acting unit. Grades are approximately 80% participation. A good participation grade is not possible without good attendance and cooperation, along with attitude and enthusiasm.
- Unauthorized student use of cell phones or similar communicating devices will be handled according to district policy.