We are very busy during Reading Intervention!
Each intervention session is 30 minutes long and takes place in my Reading Classroom. We wil be using Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI)
The Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention System(LLI) is an intensive, small-group, supplementary literacy intervention for students who find reading and writing difficult. The goal of LLI is to lift the literacy achievement of students who are not achieving grade-level expectations in reading. The LLIsystems are designed to:
- Advance the literacy learning of students not meeting grade-level expectations in reading
- Deepen and expand comprehension with close reading
- Elevate the expertise of teachers
- Increase reading volume by engaging students in large amounts of successful daily reading
- Increase student engagement with books that build knowledge
- Intervene with small groups of struggling readers to maximize growth
- Meet the needs of struggling readers
- Monitor student progress.
If you are interested in speaking with me about your child's progress, feel free to email me and we can set up a time. I will be in constant contact with your child's teacher as well.
Click on the photo to see more information about LLI.