Beowulf Extra Credit Project
There have been several major movie versions of “Beowulf”. If you are interested in extra credit for viewing one, please follow the guidelines below:
- A formal essay with thesis, paragraphs, primary text support/evidence, and citations.
- Typed, MLA
- How long should it be?
- As long as it needs to be to address the below with control and support. Not more than 10 pages please.
- Works cited- movie, YouTube, or whatever source you use to see it
- Check the 8th Ed. for guidelines
- Content should include:
- The movie’s relationship to the text (the written version we covered in class) in terms of
- Any changes that were made
- What effects the changes had on the movie
- Elements of staging, costuming, portrayal of the monsters
- How did people/monsters look?
- How did the setting look?
- Was this close to the original text descriptions?
- Characterization and the depiction of the relationships between:
- Hrothgar and Beowulf
- Unferth and Beowulf
- Beowulf and Wiglaf
- The Danes and the Geats
- Beowulf and each of the monsters
- The death of each of the three monsters
- Beowulf’s heroism and leadership
You should turn this in to Ms. Carter by 3:30 PM on December 1, 2017.