Williston-Elko High School Report Card
Principal: Mr. John Bradley
GRADUATION RATE 91.4%
- ACT composite score increased 1.9 points, the highest public school increase in SC.
- SAT Total Score increased by 53 points.
- 90.5% of students earned certificates through the Career Readiness assessment, 12.7% of those were Gold and Platinum achievement.
AREAS OF GROWTH:
- Raise overall achievement in ELA with a focus on analyzing text and providing supporting evidence from passages (EOC), and test taking strategies for SAT and ACT.
- Boost the number of silver or above certificates on the Career Readiness assessment.
- Increase the number of CATE completers earning an industry certification.
ACTION STEPS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Provide intensive professional development for ELA teachers on understanding content standards, purposeful planning utilizing data, and implementing effective instructional strategies.
- Monitor, through data analysis, the implementation of USA Test Prep and Career Ready 101 to increase achievement on the Career Readiness assessment.
- In collaboration with the Barnwell County Career Center, ensure programmatic alignment between industry certifications as determined by the business community, course offerings, and strategic scheduling of students.